Your timesheets are the very lifeblood of your business. They record your productivity, help you prove your worth to clients, and define how much money you make each month. But, as far as important records go, the majority of timesheets created today are fundamentally flawed.
The problems with manual timesheets
Timesheets are riddled with problems, and these are some of the biggest offenders:
- They’re inaccurate. Nobody can remember every single thing they worked on, and we often forget to note it down at the time. Your billing sheet becomes a list of guestimates.
- They’re inflexible. Work that takes place outside normal working hours often isn’t recorded, meaning you miss out on rightful billable hours.
- They’re boring. Have you noticed people hate filling out timesheets? It makes everyone unhappy so we put off doing it completely.
- They’re time-consuming. Timesheets oblige every single one of your employees to set time aside every day to account for what they’ve done. It’s a massive overhead.
- They’re anti-manager. There’s no dignity in chasing a timesheet and employees resent being lumped with mundane admin.
- They’re unproductive. Even though they’re important for business, filling in timesheets feels like an immensely unproductive task. No one wants to feel unproductive.
- They’re “unhuman”. Filling in timesheets is actually really difficult because humans aren’t mentally capable of tracking everything they do in hyper-detail – especially we’ve done lots of multitasking in a day. It requires a level of cognitive energy we simply don’t have.
The single underlying reason responsible for all of these problems comes down to the fact that timesheets are created manually.
Though we mean well, we humans are just not designed to fulfil the precise requirements of a good timesheet: We’re often inaccurate and make mistakes; we’re socially-conscious and want to project a productive self-image at work; and we simply don’t have the attention span or cognitive power to recall a huge series of actions in great detail.
Wherever you have a timesheet that’s created manually, you have a business whose means for profit is completely dependent on human nature. And that is a wildly inconsistent and unreliable thing.
Introducing automatic timesheets
Thankfully, there’s a much more accurate and efficient alternative: automatic timesheets!
Timely has just engineered the world’s first ever ai-powered time tracker which creates timesheets completely automatically. It tracks and analyzes everything you tell it to – from work apps and browser activity, to phone calls and GPS location data – to create intelligent time entries for everything you do.
Its fancy AI technology can even learn the way you like to classify tasks, so your final timesheet is as authentic as if you’d written it yourself. You really never have to log time or create a timesheet ever again.
The benefits of automatic timesheets
Automatic timesheets completely solve the problems created by manual timesheet creation, by allowing you to:
- capture everything you work on, so you never miss out on billable hours
- free up your employees’ time for productive work
- make your business more transparent and accountable
- keep more accurate accounts for estimating and reporting
- focus on the activities that really matter
The pioneering technology is included as part of Timely’s 14-day free trial, so anyone can test out automatic timesheets for their business. Sign up to the beta here to get started.