Managers, today just turned excellent: you now have access to unprecedented project tracking powers in Timely! We’ve completely redesigned your “Project” pages to show everything you need to know about project performance in a single click. Review project budget, cost, activity, status and task distribution in one place in the blink of an eye.
If you find creating complex project dashboards overwhelming or time consuming, relax; we’ve done it for you! And we’ve even made your stats look beautiful ✨
A single dashboard for all projects
Your new Project page lets you instantly understand the health of your projects without needing to plug anything in:
Pretty snazzy, huh? Instead of just seeing a list of projects and clients, we’ve created a one-stop-shop for understanding the most important things going on with your projects. At the top of your dashboard, you can pin all the key projects you need to keep a close eye on:
Pinned projects are ideal if you just need a quick status update on your highest priority work without digging deeper. They break down how much budget you have used and what’s remaining. Just tap the ellipsis “…” button on any project you want to pin to get started.
New activity feed
This main dashboard view also shows you the latest activity across all your projects, so you stay up-to-date with everything that’s going on:
There are updates on everything, from standard everyday activities to more business-critical warnings. We think these activity notifications will be particularly helpful:
- Project creation
- Budget progress (50%, 80% and 100% used)
- When someone logs hours for the first time
- When someone is added to a project
- When a project is archived
All projects page
By clicking on the “All projects” tab, you’ll find a thorough breakdown of every project in your account under its respective client.
It’s like a directory of everything your team has ever worked on. Each project has a clean visual summary of the most critical performance stats, like budget spent, budget remaining and logged hours. It’s ideal for quickly pinpointing any critical issues among your whole list of active projects. Need to get to a particular project quickly? Just use the search bar at the top.
Hyper-detailed single project pages
Now we’ve seen our project snapshot, let’s delve a little deeper. Click into any project from your main “Projects” page for a thorough breakdown:
You can drool over pretty much any project performance indicator from here. We’ve broken them up into these main tabs to keep things simple:
- Status: summarizes KPIs for a specific project, including a budget progress bar, and quick stats for logged hours and non-billed work.
- Activities: breaks down every activity ever made on a project, from standard notifications to critical warnings.
- Hours: Lists all hours logged for a particular project, along with the total money made and types of tasks people worked on in that time. From here you can mark hours as billed, and easily export and attach them to client invoices.
- Reports: turn daily project hours, individual user project hours and tagged project tasks into reports with a single click. It’s super handy for running quick project status reports for clients.
We hope these latest updates will massively support day-to-day monitoring of projects, teams and workloads, and streamline your whole operation.
If you have any project tracking dreams we haven’t yet answered, whisper them to [email protected] and we’ll get right to work. 👩🏻💻