Know you want to track your time but don’t know where to start when it comes to selecting a time tracking tool? Stress not! We have rounded up seven of the best ones to hit the market, highlighting their costs, their pros and their cons. Because knowledge is power. And you’ll soon be a time-tracking powerhouse.
Why Use an AI-powered Time Tracker?
Using an AI-powered time tracker can bring several benefits to individuals and organizations. Here are some reasons why people should consider using one:
The real-time tracking and reporting of time spent on various tasks and projects enables people to have accurate and up-to-date information about their time allocation.
Identify time wasters
Time tracking can reveal areas where time is being wasted or inefficiently used. By analyzing time logs and reports, users can identify bottlenecks, distractions, or unproductive activities – such as scrolling social media – that can be addressed to optimize productivity.
Detailed reports and analytics are generated based on time data. This information can be valuable for managers and organizations to make data-driven decisions. They can identify trends, allocate resources efficiently, and plan future projects and deadlines more effectively.
Tracking time enhances accountability among team members. It promotes a transparent work environment where everyone can see how time is being used, fostering a sense of responsibility and encouraging individuals to stay on track.
Better billing and invoicing
For freelancers or service-based professionals, accurate time tracking is crucial for billing clients or calculating project costs. AI-powered time trackers provide precise records of billable hours, ensuring fair and accurate invoicing.
Top 5 AI Time Trackers
Clockk is a time tracking tool specifically designed for multitasking professionals, enabling precise tracking of billable hours across various clients. It operates in the background, providing an accurate record of tasks completed for each client. Clockk allows users to bill with accuracy, stay focused on their work, alleviate the burden of timesheets, and effectively plan for future assignments.
From $15 user/month
- Automatic AI time tracking means users can easily move between various different projects throughout the day.
- Excellent customer support.
- Designed to be very user-friendly.
- A built-in invoicing tool would be a good feature to add.
- It doesn’t integrate well with Zoom.
- There’s no free version.
This AI time tracking tool is designed to track time and analyze information from background applications, including URLs and file names. It provides comprehensive and accurate reports on how employees utilize their time. Users can easily identify different activities by naming each project on the interface.
Free Plan: $0/month
Pro Plan: $5/month
- Free trial for 3 months
- Prioritizes Privacy
- Auto-assigns activities tracked to tasks
- Free Plan limits what features are available
- Big learning curve
DeskTime stands out with its detailed reports on team progress from time data automatically captured. The app has some fantastic features such as a long list of integrations and convenient invoicing options. Plus, it has some holistic approaches to time tracking including a Pomodoro Timer to help workers break down their bigger projects into more manageable tasks as well as avoid burnout. However, some of its tracking features don’t really gel with our outlook on privacy such as employee screenshots…
Employers can use the automated time tracker, URL tracker, and mobile app for free but if you want more features:
- Pro is $7 per user per month.
Premium is $10 per user per month
- Enterprise is $20 per user per month
- Integrates with lots of other applications
- A holistic approach to time (e.g. Pomodoro Timer)
- Detailed reports
- The reports can be complex
- Free plan is limited
- Employee screenshots 🤢
Rize automates tracking your activity in real time. It helps you perform deep work, improve focus, and build better work habits. Key features include tracking work hours, break intervals, and time distribution. The Pinned Calendar feature compares scheduled and actual time usage, optimizing time management. Daily, weekly, and monthly logs provide productivity metrics for identifying obstacles and bottlenecks.
Free plan: $0
Annual billing: $9.99 user/month
Monthly billing: $14.99 user/month
- The dashboard is easy to understand, navigate and use.
- Great customer service.
- Customizations are simple to make.
- It’s not integrated with all systems.
- It can take a little while to update when changing activity categories, so it’s hard to see things reflected instantly.
- Tasks away from the computer, such as phone calls and meetings, need to be manually added.
Timely is a time tracking tool that uses AI to prioritize user-friendliness and offer various features for project, task, and work-hour management. It ensures accurate time tracking, generates valuable reports, and integrates seamlessly with popular project management tools. Timely's goal is to simplify time management processes and enhance productivity for users, whilst ensuring total privacy.
Starter: From $9 user/month
Premium: From $16 user/month
Unlimited: From $22 user/month
Unlimited +: Custom pricing
- Managers or colleagues can’t access the user’s data; it’s completely private.
- The interface is simple and intuitive.
- The reporting is very efficient.
- It doesn’t track phone calls.
- A free plan isn’t available.
- There’s no invoicing option.
Here are some reasons why people should consider using an AI-powered time tracker:
- Get real-time data
- Identify time wasters
- Data-driven decision-making
- Improved accountability
- Better billing and invoicing
Top 5 AI Time Trackers
- If you prioritize top-notch time tracking and can live without a free version, Timely is the way to go.
- If you're looking for an easy-to-learn option but don't need invoicing features, Clockk is a great choice.
- If privacy is your main concern and you're willing to invest time in learning the software, ClockTrace is the ideal pick.
- For extensive integrations and detailed reports, but with some invasive practices, DeskTime has got you covered.
- If you want a solid all-rounder, despite a lack of integrations and occasional bugs, Rize is a reliable option.